Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The bus banter continues

So it goes something like this...on the last bus my bike had a run in with 14 sacks of...yup you guessed it....onions. My bike computer well and truly bit the dust or the tarmac or the onion skin - the sensor may be making friends with any of the afore mentioned as it sure wasn't in the bus. While not a major catastrophe in the scale of global catastrophes it is mighty annoying. Particularly since I am unsure where I will be able to get another one.

This, combined with silly distances between water stops around the desert, desert heat, a dodgy knee blah blah blah is seeing me killing time before what I suspect will be a truly horrific bus journey to Wulumuqi (Urumqi). It leaves at 6pm and gets in at 9 tomorrow - morning or evening I'm not entirely sure and didn't ask as I reckon some degree of ignorance may help in this particular expedition.

This means that the bike is once again being held captive in the dark dungeon under a bus. I said to the woman that they are not to put anything (onions or otherwise) on top of it....suspect this will go unheeded, but at least there are bike shops in Wulumuqi where I can get a new bike computer (fingers crossed) and anything else I might need. So much for no more hideous industrial cities...on the up side apparently Wulumuqi has a great museum...

No comments: