Thursday, March 13, 2008

Practicalities

I am managing to eat you'll be pleased to hear. There is usually a market on every street corner and fruit is easy to come by, that is if you can stomach the audience - it is entirely normal for a crowd of 20 to gather to watch me buy bananas. Buying anything that is already cooked is a little more fun. I generally tell them I don't eat meat and then just to be sure I get out my little picture book (thanks Benley) and point at the page with animals as I say "I don't eat" and then point at the page with vegetables and say "I do eat". Its all very comical and the waiting staff seem to find me very curious.

On the internet everything you might ever want to look at is banned which makes it slightly less annoying that I can never find an internet cafe (I'm on another borrowed computer).

The only other things that are noteworthy other than the pollution, the endless audiences and the navigation are the toilets which are getting grimer by the mile. I'm thankful the petrol stations have them, but am not so sure about the communal squatters...

No comments: